With women giving predominant competition to men in all parts of life, it has been seen that their outreach has penetrated the several modes of extra-curricular activities also. Women indulging in sports such as hiking, skiing, paragliding have raised the importance of proper instrumentation and peripherals. With such activities, gaining limelight, one of the few most newly discovered demands of women is the use of a high quality backpack for women. In contrary to the demand for a handbag which was considered as a sign of vanity, the demand for women-specific backpacks has also grown.
With the frequent question among the masses of “What you need to know before buying women backpack?” people often find it hard to deduce the exact features of a women backpack.
How does a woman sports backpack differ than that of a men?
The difference in the body structure of men and women is the predominant reason why there is a need for a specific backpack for women. Women have delicate body tissues which need to regulate structural support and hold. Men backpacks are equipped with relatively harder foam materials which adjust to the body type; this can be only affected in a woman backpack with strength regulating foam.
The key features to look for when purchasing a women’s sports backpack are –
- Space – Even for a weekend trip backpacks with 40-60 Litre of storage capacity is necessary with proper expansion pockets. For hiking and or long journeys during the winter season it is necessary for the backpack to store in the important utilities. Backpacks with collar expansions come in handy.
- Durability – Many backpacks manufacturing companies build backpacks with materials to keep the entire package ultra-light in itself. This brings the necessity to consider the durability of such backpacks. Backpacks made of sturdy but soft nylon meshes should be opted for, which is not only durable but also provides necessary cushioning for one’s body.
- Convenient Utilities – A person with the question of “What you need to know before buying women backpack?” should resort to buying backpacks with hip belts, compression straps and haul loops should be optedfor. Such utilities cater to theconvenience of storage, streamlining and even easy lifting of the backpacks. Sternum straps are also important to keep backpacks in place while the body is in movement.
- Overall women’s utility – With women backpacks the above features have slight alterations such as narrower straps, padded back section, and even elastic hip belts which render flexibility and agility.
- Water Resistance – For women especially it is important to use backpacks which are typically water resistant or repellant. This secures the dryness of the necessary clothes which they carry with themselves. Though it is a general requirement, the utility of water resistance in case of women are profound as compared to men keeping in mind the physical flexibility which the latter possess.
Keeping in mind the utility from a woman’s point of view, a sports backpack which is not only sturdy but also comfortable should be considered. As for a few manufacturers, to keep the overall package lighter often the backpacks strength is considered.